Tuesday, January 5, 2010

We made it! ...mostly


Yes this is our amazing gingerbread house. We literally slaved over this for a whole 3 minutes, but by the time Will knocked it down a few times before the icing could harden we realized the futility and just ate the candy instead. I think Will was a little upset there wasn't a decorated house in the box.





Our Christmas tree was much the same. I also spent literally minutes decorating our tree, and I'm not exaggerating when I say that there was a whopping half dozen ornaments. I won't make you jealous by showing you a picture, but I'm sure you can imagine it in all its glory.


So, we survived this semester for the most part, but only barely. All of our Christmas gifts got out late, you can basically consider this our Christmas card, and at this point we're just trying to catch our breath before school starts up again and church moves to nap time. Just another adventure!

On the bright side, this has been a wonderful year. Our two terrific boys are growing faster every day and we're all enjoying the Christmas season together with family. There's definitely something magical about spending Christmas with little kids again. Will got a little trampoline from Santa and Wes got some clothes. Ah well. We got video of Wes laughing for the first time - and - although we did not get it on video - I got an "I love you Mommy" for the first time from my toddler.
It's officially all worth it.




Last Sunday I became what I used to mock! (Such is life!) I dressed my boys in matching outfits for church. And I do not regret it in the least. They were adorable, and - miracle of miracles - well behaved. How could you not love these smiles?!




3 comments:

Kelsey said...

The video of Wes laughing is awesome!

Lori said...

Holy cow, look at these darling boys! No way you couldn't love those smiles,and the cute outfits..and the giggling! How did they grow up so stinking fast? Keep those adorable pictures coming! We love you all.

Seth and Brittney said...

Wes is adorable, I can't believe how sweet and smiley he is! Hooray for good second kids, right? Probably makes mothering 2 a bit more possible ;)
Love the pictures of those smiling matching boys too.
Good to see you guys back.