Tuesday, January 5, 2010

And we're back!

For those of you who don't know, we didn't have Internet at home for a few months of this year. We felt like it was taking away from family time and since Jared and I both had access at school it seemed redundant. Unfortunately, this meant the blog did not get updated and we basically fell off the face of the planet.

But today...all that changed. We are back. So email us - send us pictures - and comment to your heart's delight because we will now be able to see it all. And I'll be emailing all my friends who I've scandalously neglected.


In other news, I've recovered a couch. I know. My life is riveting. But I had a really good time. Our friends finished dental school and went off to be real people - leaving their well-loved couch behind. I felt it still had some life in it so I've recovered it. It was actually a sofa and love seat, and as of yet only the sofa has been recovered. I don't have a before picture of it, but the love seat is pictured to show what the sofa looked like before its face lift. My parents came and helped - well, they did most of it because I was very pregnant at the time. But I'm really happy with how it turned out.



Before:


After:

6 comments:

Danica said...

Wow! It looks amazing! Nice woik. Glad you guys are back on the face of the planet. :) Looking forward to updates! We missed you at our little freshman year get together.

Paige said...

Glad you're back and that couch looks phenomenal!

Lori said...

Welcome back! We are sooo looking forward to all the updates and pictures of you and the boys. We've missed you! And the couch is incredible, Mikail. Nice job--and for the record, it looks even better in person! You're one talented little mommy.

Jancisco said...

that looks AWESOME! Good job!

I'm glad you'll be updating your blog now. Lets see some Wes.

Mariley Johnson said...

Just found you in the blog world!
I love the couch!!! Amazing!!!

THE ORMES said...

Everyone else loves the couch, but they don't know how well-used it really was . . . WOW!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe that's our old couch!!!! I'm glad you're getting some life out of it! Congrats on the new baby!! Good luck with everything!!